Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Geocaching Clifton and Morenci, Arizona

Teri and I had a blast today. Geocaching with grandkids is about as much fun as we can have. these memories will last a lifetime. That is what being a grandparent is about in my opinion.
Teri and the kids in the shovel of a big crane that was used in the mining buisness.

Another picture of the crane in Clifton.

Downtown old Clifton. Well, the entire town is old. Most of these buildings have stuff still in them and buisnesses are here. It is obvious the town was built before automobiles by the width of the street.

Another shot as we drove along.

Shots of the mining near Morenci.

Looking down

from where Teri found this cache

up here.

Woops, a dupe. I am having some problems today uploading pictures. Sorry about that.

They are after this one in Morenci.

Who do you think found it? Oh yea, I am good.

Traveling up the mountain before we got off the main hiway, 191.

A short tunnel.

Now, look close. Two wild sheep.

A shot looking down.

Look at these bad boys. the real thing. See the ram? Another one came up behind him after I took this shot. We are at 5,000 ft. Temperature dropped to 60 degrees up here. We were at 80 when at 3500 feet.

Check out the mountain side.

We were on our way to the last cache.

Rugged stuff. 4 miles from hiway to the cache in the Vibe.

From the top looking west. this road goes on over into the Indian Reservation but we stopped here.

The pot of gold.

Our last one of the day.

Heading back to civilization.

Thes boys are rough.

Looking down. You can see the Vibe hiding there.

This little guy now lives in the GMC. Don't tell. Teri thinks I might go to prison. He put up a fight. I was stuck several times.

This was a miner's stake. Not sure if he was looking for gold or what, but I suspect so.

This guy, I promised him I would make him famous. A truck had let two of these out and made them run 4 miles or more. I guess they needed exercising.

Another shot of the copper mining.

Stopped back in Clifton to wet our whistles.
What a day. Not much I can say but we made some good memories today. teri and I are headed south on Christmas day for a little more excitement. Come with us if you can. Check the tracker to see where all we were today. WD0AFQ-1.
Dan
\

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Hey, I've done work at that Circle-K, believe it or not. From Tucson!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home