Sunday, December 19, 2010

Life In A GMC Motorhome

I found this bad boy gassing up when we took the lp tank in for a refill today. This would be fun out here. Wish I had my vdub baja here. There are so many neat places we could go with it. But, just not practical. We have already driven the Vibe over 1000 miles in 2 weeks.

I have been seeing a lot of these little campers showing up on dealer lots. This is one of few I have actually seen being towed, or used. I suspect they may sell good to young families. You can see here they even have slides on them.

Teri and I drove over the mountain into Safford for church this morning. Got to see lots of old friends. It was potluck so guess what? We hung around and got some real visiting in. On our way back we stopped for a little geocaching. I did park the Vibe and walk a quarter of a mile with Teri but we could have driven it.

Just one of the bare mountains. Looks like a big rock.

Teri went right to this one. She is good with that handheld gps.

If you click this photo up you can see just what Teri found under this trough.

This is what we see when we cross over the mountains, going and coming from Duncan to Safford. I like the scenery. One reason is because it is warm here. Another 70 degree afternoon. The altitude of this shot is just over 4,000 feet. At 10,000 there is snow.
Living in a motorhome makes life so much more fun. Stay til we are ready to move on. But, we are home every night no matter where we park. When darkness comes it looks the same here no matter where we are.
Christmas is upon us. Teri and I will have a quiet day here in the coach to ourselves. We may get out and run a round. Last year on Christmas day we were in a Texas ice storm. No more waiting until Christmas to head west.
Have a great week and visits with family and friends.
Dan and Teri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home