Friday, January 7, 2011

Life is Good in a GMC Motorhome

Tools ready early this morning. Well, if you call 10 am early. The old master cylinder is off.

The new one is going on. Jeff came down from Silver City to help get this thing stopping again. We mounted the new larger unit and then bled it good. I did not have enough brake fluid and there was none to be found in Duncan. Cody, our son in law, had just a little bit left in a container and that was all we needed. Got everything bolted down and off we went down the road. Got several stares from folks as we would speed up and then stop right in the middle of the highway. I am sure it did look a bit wierd. So, we have enough braking power to get us down the mountain over near Superior next Monday. The rears need adjusting but I am not doing it since the plan is to remove them when we get to San Francisco. Hoping to install new discs in place of the old drums. Less maintenance and a lot better stopping power. I just want to have these brakes hold for 900 more miles.

So, after all the work Teri took us to eat out at a local resturant in Duncan. Pretty good Mexican I had. It was an "order your own at the window" place.

Full of grub and about to head back to the GMC.
At 130 pm the UPS man showed up with our new water pump for the house system. I paid 24 bux to get it shipped overnight from Ky. to here. Worth it this time. In 30 minutes the new quiet water pump was installed and we are good to travel Monday. Like I said, life is good. The temp was up to 75 degrees here and I enjoyed it. Working on my winter tan you know. Jeff headed back to Silver and I just keep turning on the water listening for the water pump that I can not hear. We should have swapped that old noisy pump out a long time ago.
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. We roll west Monday. Keep your eye on the tracker.
Dan

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger carl s said...

That sounds like a productive day

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home