Monday, February 7, 2011

GMC Motorhome Friends

What can I say? Life is good. That is what I can say. Sunday Debra and Terry had us at their home for a Super Bowl party. Went straight over there from church. Oh, when we walked into the church building there was a picture on the bulliten board that drew me right to it. My dad's first cousin from back home. He and his wife helped my dad raise us kids when our mom died. Isn't this a small world?
Oh, here I am visiting Charlie Manson's place. He lives about 400 yards behind this sign. Thought you might find this interesting.

Our poor little car has certainly been abused over the last month. It was looking bad. Irene insisted that we wash it at their home, so we did.

Doug even worked on trying to take some scratches out. What a guy.

Check this thing out. Doug owns this bike with a lawn chair on it.

This is not a simple ride. It is almost like relearning to ride a bike. The girls were gone and Doug asked me if I wanted to go bike riding. I looked at it and said no, I will walk. Doug got on the bike and I walked for about a quarter of a mile down the blacktop walking/bike trail going through their neighborhood. I looked at Doug and he was worn out so I took the bike for a ways and let him walk so he could rest.

I was glad to get this thing back home and in Doug's garage. Don't run out and buy one of these if you are old like me.

While Doug and I were walking/riding there just happened to be an orange, lemon, and grapefruit tree along our route. We had to reach up and snatch one off each tree. Did I say it was 80 degrees today and yesterday?

Doug and Irene. Great friends to have. Clean livers and always ready to have fun. I kidded Doug today about old people having fun. When I was a kid I wondered what my parents did for fun. they were like me. When kids and grandkids are around they just looked bored all the time. When it was just old people around they did what Doug and I did today, enjoyed life and had the most fun day together.
Thanks Doug and Irene for having us in your home today and for the great steaks we shared for supper. Come see us.
Dan,
test driving the GMC in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home