Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Traveling up California 101 in a GMC Motorhome

Oh wow. This was one scenic ride today. We took 46 over to 101 and up. I wish you could see in these photos what Teri and I saw but you can't. the weather was perfect for the ride.

5 miles into our trip we got behind this big boy. They painted the stripes ahead of us for 2 miles before pulling off so we could pass.

We pulled off pretty quick for a few geocaches.

This one scared me.

See that house across the canal? The Mexican music was really loud.


We will cross through and over these mountains.

Just look at how pretty these hills are.

Oh yea, right on the road.

I just could not resist. reminded me of my old watermelon trips at midnight when I was a kid. You know where this orange went.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

We are up in the clouds now.

James Dean memorial. He was killed just east of here back in 55.

Need I say more?

Those are the hills between us and the Pacific, just before we turned north onto 101.

An old WW2 army base.

A quick pit stop at the only California rest area we found open.

Running north on 101 between the two mountain ranges, up the river valley. This was beautiful.

Oh, I had a great picture here but I was forced to delete it. This is in front of Soledad prison. We were not fast enough and a guard caught us. I had a nice picture of me in front of the Soledad Prison sign. This place is famous among prison folks.

Yes, we are close to Hollister, of biker fame. If we get time I want to run down and do some sight seeing.

I paid 3.47 for gasoline in Gilroy. That was a bargain in this area.

Teri loves seeing the ground covered in yellow flowers.

And, we have arrived. This is the end of the road for the GMC. New rear disc brakes and 1 ton GM 4 wheel drive frontend is about to be inserted. This is going to be good and I will document for my GMC friends. Work starts in the morning. So, look tomorrow night for pictures from Applied GMC in Fremont, Ca.
Life is good.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home