Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Disc Brakes For Our GMC Motorhome

Here we are, up on the rack early this morning. I have got to get in bed early tonight or else. Need to be out of this coach when they start on it again in the morning.

Oh, how did this get in here?  Oh, they are good.

Here is one of the new front axles that will end up in our coach. It is from a new GM 1 ton 4 wheel drive, cut to our needed length. This is going to be good and much bigger brake discs up front on the hubs.

My man Donny, early this morning. Teri and I really love Donny. He is a very good mechanic to be so young. I am not telling him that in person.

Oh, here is my sweetheart helping out in the front office. We love being here at the shop and trying to help out.

Now, every GMC coach owner needs to be carrying one of these. This is a rebuilt governor by Wally in Omaha. I used to just carry the governor gear but now I have the spare governor, thanks to Wally. Much easier to just swap the governor than trying to mess with the gear on the side of the road. I realized that back in December while helping Dan, from Canada, that lost the gear on I-10.

These shoes have close to 30,000 miles on them since I put them on. See the crack? Also, the front rotors have been hot and there are a bunch of hairline cracks in them. Good time for a complete updated system.

The work in progress.

Look at what I found in the shop. John owns this and is putting a 650 Yamaha engine in the frame. I like it.

A shot from the rear.

One of the rear rotors about to go on. I am liking this.

There are two mounted. I am sick and tired of my old brake system causing me problems. We will have some brakes on our way home.

Holes drilled and the bolts that will hold the bracket for the sway bars. These will be attached to the reaction arm. I am feeling really good.

The driver's side going on.

And, here we are for the night. Can't use the satellite system for tv tonight but we have at least 50 San Francisco tv stations. Teri and I will not be bored.
The weather here has been perfect today. We have been very fortunate on this trip in reguard to weather.
Oh, our good friend Gene Fisher stopped in to hug Teri's neck today. Was really good to see his smiling face. What a guy. He does a lot for the GMC community and we are happy to call him and Melissa our friends.
More updating tomorrow.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 3, 2011 at 3:19 AM , Blogger RICK said...

Dan, looks good on the coach.

Don't even look at our weather, it will make you shiver.

Rick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home