Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Belated








It was a day late but Teri and I celebrated Valentine's Day today. We left the coach about 11 am and took scenic 77 up to Globe.

There we stopped in at Charlo's Mexican Resturant. Teri said Subway, I said no, Charlo's. We ate there 10 years ago while we were dating and had not been back. I thought it would be special. And, it was.

Teri had me stand here beside this big ole bad boy. They say a cactus this size is over 100 years old, maybe older. Just think, it might have been here when the Indians were trying to hang onto their land. There are lots and lots of Indians here, just south of Globe.

Here is the meal we had. It was just perfect for such a day and a beautiful lady.

We stopped at 5,000 feet and grabbed this view.

These cacti are all over the sides of these moutains. These particular ones are those seen in all of the cowboy films and are in scattered patches. There are a lot of them around Globe and Tucson. I know the name but can't spell it.

It was a beautiful day, beautiful drive, and I had a beautiful lady at my side all day. What could be better than this? I brought Teri back to Duncan to stay with our daughter. My plan is to drive back to Tucson in the morning and just hang out at the shop, with the coach. It has a great bed in it.
There you have it, another beautiful day in February.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 6:44 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Saguaro (the cactus) and the one you were standing next to was likely 250 + years old. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home