Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our Last Weekend in Quartzsite

Oh yes, take a look. We got these 4 bags tonight. I finally found the right place to buy m&m candy.

The local aution. 4 dollars per bag, almost 4 pounds to each bag. I grabbed 4. Dark chocolate, my favorite.
We had a blast today. Spent most of the day going through the vendors that are still in Quartzsite, looking for bargains. We found a few. I also was able to get a new set of teeth pullers for using on the grandkids. Oh yea, grandpa gets their teeth. The tooth fairy is wealthier when the teeth are at grandpa's. My grandkids come over and tell me when they think it is time to pull a tooth.

We then left out friendsGary and Linda, and came back to the coach. Teri gave the inside a good cleaning. It feels good in here tonight. At 6 pm we met Linda and Gary at the auction. They are veterans, we are rookies. They showed us how to grab the bargains. The auctioneer is from Springfield, Mo. I guess he spends his winters here like we do. We will make the auction a regular on our future trips here.

Last night Linda and Gary were in our house.

Tonight, we were in their house and got to visit with their daughter, son in law, and Patrick. He is their 9 month old grandson. Teri and I really enjoyed Patrick.
Teri and I have taken full advantage of Quartzsite this year. We have done more and stayed buisier than in any previous year here. Also, we have made many more new friends this year. Teri and I are about the luckiest two people alive when it comes to friends. It just seems like no matter where  we are folks kinda take a liking to us and us to them. We do not take friendship lightly. When we connect with folks we do our best to keep in touch and visit as often as we can. I am sure Gary and Linda will come visit us in Missouri, as many others have done. We certainly will visit more with them when we come back next winter.
So, that was our day, our last Saturday here until next year. Monday morning we plan to head east. All of the working people will be back at work so I think it will be a good day to get through Phoenix. Ride with us if you have time, the tracker will be on.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home