Monday, February 14, 2011

Our GMC Motorhome Loaded Again

All loaded and ready for travel. The insurance company wanted to take it to a new Chevy dealer in Phoenix that said they could do the work. That was not where I wanted it to go. For 333.00 we got it to where we wanted to go, in Tucson. As I said earlier, it was easier dealing with this company than the one I had last year. Less stressful.

Getting ready to pull out of the truckstop.

If you could only see the speed on the GPS. Billy was in a real hurry. I had a hard time keeping up with him. If you check the Vibe tracker between Phoenix and Tucson you might see a speed that will scare you. Billy is from Mo. Nice guy, tow truck driver.

I was able to almost pull up beside Billy so Teri could get this shot on I-10.

Sitting here on the lot in Tucson. We are safe and sound. I believe John knows what he is talking about and will take care of us. He enjoys working on GMC coach engines and has the tools to get the thing out and back in. We have full confidence in John and I doubt we have any further engine problems when he is done. He plans to start on this at 9 am Tuesday. How can you beat that? He does not know I am broke yet. Won't mention that for a few days.
Hang with us. we will make it. Life is good. Teri will never forget this Valentine's Day.
Dan

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 5:14 AM , Blogger RICK said...

Dan, sorry to see your bad luck.

At least the 7 inches of snow has melted off your VW.

Rick.

 
At February 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM , Blogger GMF said...

Dan

Good luck.... at this point I would go with a Jasper engine if they have one. Something to be said for national warranty. I remember when you had all this work done, but don't remember where the engine came from Manny or shipped in. I broke down coming home one time on 4th of July and my tow was 6 or 7 hundred. But I wanted it home as I knew I could fix it and the cost of repair would be much more than that...Water pump with at least 5 bolts that had to be drilled out. Not a GMC but they all will leave you hanging...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home