Monday, February 14, 2011

No One Says Living in a GMC Motorhome is Inexpensive

So, we pulled out of Quartzsite, right on time. Was 9 am and everything clicking right along. but, the clicking kept getting louder until it was a knocking. Oh yea, We are sitting in the exact same spot as we were last February when the engine died. I assume this time it is a rod. 7,000 miles and gone.
Waiting on a tow truck from Phoenix. I am thinking one more hour, it is almost 2 pm now. It was certainly more pleasant dealing with Coachnet than Good Sam's last year. Coachnet will tow us to Phoenix and I will pay the rest to be towed to a shop in Tucson that can work on a GMC. Steve Ferguson was the first call I made. He knows the shop so that is where I am going.
They have a Mexican out here picking up trash. We are in a dirt lot behind the truckstop. He keeps hiding behind our motorhome so they can't see him up at the office. He just stands there leaning on his pickup stick. Reminds me of my shetland pony when I was a kid. That pony would hide if he thought I wanted a ride. He was my best friend at 730 am or 5 pm because he knew I was coming to feed. Any other time I could find him around back behind the barn hiding. I am telling you that pony was the smartest horse I ever owned. Funny how this guy reminds me of my pony as a kid.
So, we will be on a wrecker soon heading to a shop in Tucson. I am sure there will be lots of pictures forthcoming. I have a freind who prays for us as we travel but she just never seems to be specific enough in her prayers. May have to find someone else to start praying for our uneventful rides in the GMC. She will know who she is when she reads this post. Will see if I can find a good praying person to see if about 10 grand might drop out of the sky this time.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Sounds like the truck stop is getting what they paid for, in terms of help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home