Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yucaipa, California with our GMC Motorhome

Here is our parking place for tonight. You can't see it but there is a snow covered mountain in front of the coach.

Got up and around this morning by 830am. Ran over to Denny's for breakfast and hit the road. I snapped a few shots as I drove. You can still see where my face hit the windshield yesterday, when I slammed on the brakes. Snow covered mountains on 4 sides of us this morning.

 the drive from I-5 to I-15 on 138 is great. Mostly 2 lanes and very little traffic. Lots of nice scenary. We climbed out of Palmdale to the top of a mountain pass very slowly. You hardly noticed that you left 3,000 ft. in Palmdale and topped out at 4800 feet before a rapid decent onto I-15. Great drive in an rv. No major climbs here.

I 15 was not too bad but some construction going on. Lot more fun going down Cajon than going up it. At the summit is where we had our coach fire back in 08.

I-10 was a little buisier with traffic. We drove about 90 miles through the mountains this morning. Parked in Yucaipa about 11 am this morning.

Our friend Gary is an artist. A very good one. He is in the sign painting buisness. He airbrushed this one.

This dummy scared me as I walked by it in Gary's shop.

Gary makes this stuff. He is extremely talented.

What do you think I did when I found this tree?

Have you guessed yet?

Oh yea, I snatched one right off. Very tasty. Reminds me when I was a kid and we would ride our bikes in front of a pear orchard and grab them. The old man that owned it always hollaring and chasing us.

Teri found a geocache 300 feet from where our coach is parked. That girl is good.
Was a nice ride here. We will head to Quartzsite, Az. in the morning. It is about 180 miles east on I-10. Ride with us if you are not too busy. Wear your seatbelt as we have very good brakes in our GMC motorhome.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home