Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Visiting Those Special Places in a GMC Motorhome

Sometimes you find the neatest places when out running around. This morning Teri and I had a tv repair to do up in York. On the way we passed this resturant. Teri knows the owner. She is always telling me about this place. So, we came home and finished up a few things. Then, back up we went. This is one of those must visit resturants.
An all meat Burro for under 6 bux. More than I should have eaten. Very good. In fact, I can say it is as good a burro as I have ever eaten. Check out those fried sweet potatoes. the little waitress brought this out and I poured Tabasco all over the one she put in front of me. I cut into it and found beans. Oops, that was Teri's and she does not do spicey stuff much. Off came the Tabasco before it soaked in. She said it was good.
2 happy patrons with mouths full of food. We had to get the waitress when we could as she was busy. The food was delicious. Just as you come into York, on 75, be looking on the east side of the highway. Stop in and tell them Dan and Teri sent you.
Holly and Teri catching up on some good times from previous years. We will be back.
Apache Grove is just south of York, on 75.
Blow this photo up and check out some of the history from years gone by.
What is that car?
Here is some history that was not on the sign. This is an old "dance hall/tavern" for lack of better words. Back in the 50's Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, and others, made this a regular stopping place. There was no interstate 10 going from El Paso to Tucson so they came through this way. The bands always made this a regular on their way to and from as they traveled the Southwest. It sits down off the highway on the west side if you get through this way. Don't you just love the history that you can get from old timers? I do. Things we would never know. Just stop and hang with the old guy sitting on the bench. He will fill your ears full.
Life is just full of little history tidbits. I love hearing them every chance I get. Not much left in Apache Grove these days but there are still a few folks that can enlighten you if you take the time to stop.
Ain't life just Grand?
dan

4 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like an old studebaker...

 
At March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think that is a Volvo.....

 
At March 10, 2011 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dan that is definately an 1800 Volvo. I have one in the barn that is on it's way to becoming a pretty nice towd. And it is far from my only one. Thanks for the motorhome tour, excellent!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dan That is a Volvo 1800 definately. I have one in the garage and many other Volvos. They will have to get aquainted with the old towd thing sometime in the furture. Thanks for the motorhome tour, excellant! Michael

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home