Saturday, March 5, 2011

Productive and Lazy Saturday

Teri and I spent Friday in Safford. Had a tv job to take care of then we shopped. What year is this one? Found it on the Home Depot parking lot.
My alternator pretty much did away with my breather tube so we hit John Deere. Applied GMC could have gotten us one but I needed this fixed now so I thought I would check John Deere.

Here it is, 102 inches. Could not get it shorter unless I wanted a cheaper tube, I didn't.This unit was perfect and I knew I could cut it to suit my needs. This stuff is expensive. I went in the door talking cotton picker stuff. Wanted them to know I know about farming. It worked. They priced this stuff at 70 bucks. I told them no way and just kept talking. Finally the fella behind the counter told me he could sell it for 60. I told him it is off season, how much better can you do. None. So, I got it for 60 and used 6.5 feet to replace our old 4 ft. unit. The old one I had stretched to the max to make it reach, so it rubbed stuff. This one I could run any way I wanted so it was not in a bind.

Here you can see it hooked to the fuel injection throttle body cover. The cheaper stuff was 7 dollars a foot. That was no bargain and it was not as good as this that I got almost as cheap.
So, I got up at 10 am and cleaned up so I could get dirty again. Installed the 3 inch hose and remounted the breather in the grille. Plugged the oil cooler holes with two rubber plugs we picked up at Home Depot. I doubt they will stay but will work til I can find a brass plug to screw in. Also tightened the small bolts on top of the engine. They need checked after the new gaskets get heated up.
Teri and I just hung out in the coach most of the remainder of today. She is a good partner to have inside the GMC on a windy Spring day in Arizona.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I am off the roads so you have more room.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home