Friday, February 25, 2011

The Good Life In A GMC Motorhome

Take a look at this,my Valentine's Day gift from Teri. She wants me to use this thing to dispense my dose of m&m candy. Get real. It might hold 8 pieces of candy. It would take me forever to finish off a 52 oz. bag doing that.

We could not locate the proper fuel pump block off plate at any of the local speed shops. The one on the left is what was on my engine, homemade and very thin. John had the one on the right around the shop from a Cummings. So, he cleaned it up and used it. John pays attention to the smallest detail. I like that.

Maybe this photo will show the quality of light that we get from the new led lights. If you want to try one hit the link at the top of my page. I get a dime when you do that, ok, maybe a quarter. Email me if you have questions. I am telling you these led interior lights are great. The quality of light is perfect. This particular light is about 22 bux, with a lifetime warranty. We can match most all of your fixture needs.

I don't really want to bore you with lots of details of the engine build. I put pictures over on the GMC photosite for my GMC Motorhome friends. But, just a couple here won't drive away too many readers. Here, two spot welds to keep the oil pickup from ever coming loose.

Here, we have the Rockwell aluminum intake that has been built just for our 455 engines. This intake is short so you do not have to increase the rise in the engine hatch and can keep a flat floor. Of course, I have a glass engine cover so I like a nice looking engine. Anyway, John placed the Rockwell on the heads and took his feeler gauge out and checked clearances between the two. .005 was the largest gap between the two. Should never be a sealing problem here. If you have been concerned about this, forget it and move onto a better intake.

What is this? Soft and too large of washers for the aluminum intake.

Here is what they do to the aluminum intake.

This engine will be clean when John is finished and it will stay that way when we use the new cooler that Jim sent over. No, I do not know why number 8 rod bearing went bad but I know this time there won't be any dirt inside this engine. I have had calls from GMC folks wanting to know about this shop. Guess what I tell them?
There you have it. Just a hodgepod of information. Teri is off shopping, after fixing my lunch. John is eating his lunch so I thought it a good time to bring a little humor into your life.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home