Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ain't Life Grand

"Grandpa, can you teach me how to jump rope?"
Well, I certainly tried. Due to a motorcycle injury it was difficult but I did give it a try. My 6 year old granddaughter was not too pleased. Finally, she came to the conclusion, "if I believe I can, it will happen".


Well, take a look. Marci Claire is jumping rope.
It has been a real comfort to me that 2 of my grandkids have been able to spend time with me while Teri is away in Alaska. they keep my mind off of missing my best friend. Teri will be home a week from this coming Wednesday.
This coming Friday my 7 yr. old grandson, Colsyn, and I are taking a trip in the GMC. We will hook the vdub on behind and head to Effingham, Il. early Friday morning. Last year Teri and I attended one of the largest VW gathings in the midwest. There were over 800 volkswagens in one place. That is a bunch of old cars. I would not attend this event alone so I am thankful to my daughter and son in law for allowing Colsyn to go. Colsyn is grounded so he does not get to spend nights with grandpa. Who is being punished here? But, our trip was planned before the glass fell out of the sliding door at their home. Whew.
 I recall being grounded once for 2 weeks, seemed like an eternity. I had much rather have a belt and get it over with. I remebered that while raising kids and we just "things" over with. Life seemed better that way.
We will be drycamping in the GMC. that is nothing in a coach prepared for it like our's. The fun part is going to be teaching Colsyn how to use the shower in the coach. We carry 35-40 gallons with a full tank. I like to travel with much less water on board. Its a weight issue. I will let you know how this turns out.
It is funny how wisdom can come with age. I think we could do a btter job of raising future generations if we had kids at 50 and grandkids at 75-80. Then we live to 150 years of age to see how they all turn out. Oh well, I am not in charge so I do the best I can within my time constraints.
Hang with us and check in with Colsyn and me this weekend. Should be lots of pictures. Our GMC provides us with comfort on the road. We see so many things because of an old refurbished coach.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home