Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rolling On In Our GMC Motorhome

Oh man, my camera has a time. I got my water containers all ready to go down to the spring for water. Had my camera and needed to set it down to load the bottles into the vdub. Front fender, yes, that is a good place. I will see it there. Loaded the bottles in on the passenger side, then walked around the rear of car to get in. Backed out into the street and off I went. I wanted to show you where we get our drinking water. Started to pull my camera out of my pocket and guess what. Well, it has to be in the driveway. Hurried home and it was not there. Walked all around in front of our home, and it was nowhere to be found. Jumped back in the bug and took off looking for the thing. About 300 yards down the street I saw the sun shining on a shiny object. Yep, that was it. Batteries gone, corners all banged up and the top left hand corner of the screen was messed up. Ran home, put batteries in it and it still works. Whew. The display is ruined but only in the corner so I can still see what I am shooting. Just glad to find the thing and still have it working. Am going to need it on our trip.

Well, as you can see, I have the bug and GMC mated. Not easy for one guy but I got it. About this time last year I got run over trying to unhook it by myself. Don't think I was not thinking about that. Colsyn and I will roll out of here about 7 am Friday. Looking forward to our weekend together. He has a baseball game tonight or we would be gone already. As long as we arrive in Effingham by noon we will be ok.

Here you can see part of our drinking water. I have plenty more in the refrigerator. We will have ice cold water as it looks to be a hot Saturday. Last year they told us 800 Volkswagens were at the festival. I would not doubt it. Looking forward to visiting with some of my friends that Teri and I made last year. We also have a GMC motorhome owner coming down from Wisconsin. Will be our first face to face meeting but we have chatted a good bit on line. Wish Teri was here and going with us. My first time to load the GMC with food. Hope I got the right stuff. We have plenty of peanut butter and jelly.
Ride with us. I have the tracker up and running. All of the house batteries are topped off. The solar is doing its thing. Life is good.
Dan

2 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I am from MN! see you there!

 
At June 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Woops. Did not realize you were Canadian.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home