Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woodward Blvd. Cruise, 2011

I got up early and rolled through the countryside to Pontiac. It was 9 am and the cars were already cruising Woodward.

I found a parking place and shot a few pictures.

Kinda partial to old Mustangs.

Al kinds there this morning.




If Detroit made it, there was at least one there. As you can see, a few that Detroit did not make also showed up.


56 Nomad is for sale.





I had to pull out of the cruise when I saw the vdubs.



Not your grandma's 57.

Dig those fins.



Blow this one up and you wil see its a hemi.

Lots of Mustangs.


I would cruise with a group and then speed up to catch another group.




Peope lined both sides of Woodward from Pontiac, to almost 7 mile, where I turned around and headed back north.

This little puppy had a bad engine in the rear. I could hear it in the car across the lanes of traffic.




Car shows lined the blvd. I stopped then cruised. Was surprized they would let me on the blvd in the Vibe but they did. At least I had it al polished up.

Who remembers those 63 Fords at the strip with 429 engines?


Now, did they make a 56 El Camino? No. This guy was on WXYZ 11 pm news last night. He built it himself.

It looked so good I shot it twice.


55-56 Pontiac.

I loved this caddy.

There were spots that were very crowded.

This 55 was very sick.


I saw this guy a couple of times.


I saw two of these in the cruise.

This was a souped up ittle Mini. He had no problems keeping up.

And, there you have it, 49 pictures. I scrapped a lot of them. Hard to drive and shoot at same time. Was there 2 hours running down to 7 mie and back. Must have been 10-12 miles one way. Missed my GMC buddies but I can catch up with them next year. Now that I understand how this is laid out it wil be much easier to hook up with them.
Oh, it is almost 2 pm. The cruise is live on WXYZ from 2-4 pm. Got to run.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home