Sunday, December 18, 2011

On A Sunny Sunday Afternoon

Oh, it was such a nice afternoon. I had to get out and grab the remaining caches in our county. This one is in a little cemetary out in the county.

See that little booger hiding in there?

Pretty area. I did not know we had a winery in Stoddard County. That is what this is. Up in the northwest part of the county. I drove almost 4 miles on gravel to get here. Found a shorter route back to pavement when I left.

There it is. Just hiding in the growth. It might be hard to spot in the summer.

This is a re-visit. When I was in Advance the last time someone had stolen this one. When I pulled in I could not believe my eyes. A telephone guy was napping in his truck parked just to the rear of the bug. I knew I was not going to let him stop me. Since I had been here before I spotted this one as soon as I jumped out of the bug. I went straight to it. The telephone guy never knew I was there, or at least he did not see what I was doing.

Here you can see my geo mobile is dirty. That came from the 4 miles of gravel.

It aggrivates me when folks don't take care of their caches. This one has been gone for at least 2 months and the guy won't replace it. Should be inside that solar light.

The last find of the day. I had been here before also but could not find this cache. A little remote cemetary just outside Advance, Mo.

Look at this. Should be against the law. I had to dig in this rotten stump to find it. Was almost ready to give up again when I dug it out. The stick to the right was my digging tool.
Teri and I have a goecaching neighbor just down the street, April. I got a text from her when I got back that she had also taken advantage of the nice sunny day and was in Arkansas grabbing a few caches.
This one is number 741 for us. Not bad for a couple of folks just out looking over God's creation. We don't take this too seriously, like many do. Our equipment is old and we just make do.
Teri texted me at the same time I dug this one out. Her dad is continuing to improve. Thanks to those who continue to ask. Maybe he will be released soon and Teri can come home. She has now been gone 6 weeks. Folks, that is a long time. I am not fond of doing the wash. Normally I throw my dirty clothes down the shute and the next thing I know they are folded nice and neat back in my drawer. I have figured out the "magic".
Dan

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Blogger April said...

I forgot to ask how your day went. Did you know there are two other wineries in Stoddard County? Chateau Kinori in Puxico and the Boathouse...not far from that White Cem. Cache.

And I'm as straight as can be, but I've often thought I want a "wife." Or maybe just a housekeeper - ha! Laundry magic? What is that? I have to get the mud out of my own clothes from falling down while caching. Or even just kneeling to cache!

My decidedly less cool geomobile is MUCH dirtier. Lots of gravel and mudholes today. I suggest not washing it before you go. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home