Friday, December 16, 2011

The Small Things in Life

I always knew Santa drove a Chevy. I am afraid he won't stop at our house this year. But, thanks to everyone that has been sending us cards. My entire Chritmas decorations consists of cards from our family and friends. I get 2 a day, sometimes more.

Our geocaching friend down the street, April, let me know about a brand new geocache hide over in Morehouse. There was one in Sikeston I needed to look for, again, so off I went. Can you see the cache? You are looking at it.

Here it is. Did not take me long to locate and sign in. I was the second one to find this. Someone was there yesterday right after the hide was published.

Talk to me about this hole in a tree. I have been here 2 times before today, looking stupid to those who saw me. I have shined a flashlight in this hole and even stuck my arm in there, nothing. Looked for a string, nothing. Today I was on a mission.

As I pulled my hand away from the hole guess what I saw. Had moved a little tiny fishing line about the size of a spiderweb fiber. I have no clue where the Wilsons find such small line. They had one hidden down town Sikeston last year that had this same small line. I could not even see it with my glasses. Just got lucky when I pulled my hand out and saw the line flicker in the sun. I knew it was in that hole but could not get it until today. 3rd time seems to be charm, occassionally. This was the last one I had to find in Sikeston. Have all of them now. Wilsons, yall need to get busy.

Oh yea, I needed a reward for my great work today, kinda like a golfer and his hole in one. Ran by the Dollar Tree and grabbed some night time enjoyment. This is the best trailmix I have found anywhere. First time I tried it was out in Eureka, Ca. Been hooked on it ever since.
Folks ask me what is so much fun about geocaching. I guess it is like a card player or a golfer. They enjoy those games, I don't. This game is almost addicting. It was Teri's game. I took her to the places and watched as she hunted the treasures down. Then, I tried it a time or two and bam, bring it on, I got this. It is funny, just when you think that you are a pro at this, one comes along, like the one in the tree hole, that just kicks your rear end. I don't like giving up. So, today, I found it and cleared Sikeston off my list. There are no more closer than Jackson/ Cape so I guess I will make a run up that way when weather is nice. Sure beats sitting here watching the news. I have found at least 50 while Teri is away. It is not much fun alone. I need Teri here to aggrivate while we hunt these things down.
For those asking about Teri and her dad, she is still in Portland with him. 2 days ago he had progressed enough to be moved out of ICU and into a room. Seems the news is all good lately so I am hoping Teri can head home soon. 2 weeks turned into 6 and counting.
As always, Life is Good. Glad all of you working folks made it through Friday. The weekend is here.
Dan

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Blogger April said...

Well, you do know that the Wilsons hid that one in Morehouse this week that you just found, don't you? They're trying to stay ahead of us! I have about 30-40 around Cape/Jackson I haven't found yet. No idea it was still so many. However, many of those (10-15)I have made at least half-attempts at. And some are multi's or "puzzles", which I was putting off. I guess they're there for when I can't stand waiting anymore. One cache today was just a tease. SOO close to that 500th cache, and it just has to wait. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home