Friday, February 1, 2008

People Watching

I suspect lots of folks enjoy watching people. I certainly do. In Walmart today I was waiting for Teri and just watching folks as they passed by. I wonder what is going on in their lives sometimes. Seeing a lady in her late 40's with a small child. Is she the mother or grandmother? Same with some men who bring children with them. Out here there are many Mexicans. Listening to two ladies, in Home Depot, converse in Spanish. "Are these ladies legal?", my first thoughts. Why not speak English if they are citizens? I see many many Indians. They speak English. I watched an elderly Indian lady shop. I bet she could really relate some stories of her life. Maybe many that her grandparents told her as the white guys were rounding them up and putting them on the reservations. I can remember my grandmother crying, half or quater Cherokee, about how bad the white men treated her ancestors. I did not understand at that time. Seeing so many Indians here reminds me of what she said. As we travel to town I can see in my mind the Indians rounding the mountains in times of old.
We came home with lots of material today. Am hoping we get a lot done toward finishing the doors for the cabinet. Our friend Al, from church, even brought Teri a table saw. So, barring bad weather, we have no excuse Saturday. Hope to get finished soon and move on. We have some sight seeing to get done before we leave here in about 4 weeks.
I forgot today was "check day" until we got to Walmart. Wow, were the lines ever long. This was during the day when working folks were not in there. I got my check yesterday and should have thought and headed to Safford then. Would have beat the crowds. Home Depot is never busy here. The Ace Hardware store carries much more than Home Depot. We got in and out of there in 10 minutes, not so at Walmart. 20 minutes just in line trying to get out.
February slipped right in on us. Am hoping for warmer weather here during this month. It got mighty cold last night. Was down in the low 20's when we went to bed at midnight. The mountain had new snow on top. Took a picture but figured most folks are tired of the mountain shots.
Have a great weekend. Hello to our daughter Melanie. She just got a New Mercedes from Arbonne. She is quite the sales lady. We are proud of her. Dan

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Keep on keeping on Dan..... look forward each day to seeing what you and Terri are up to.

Stay warm and keep smiling!

Sid

 
At February 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks. Life is never boring when you live in a GMC. Tomorrow should be a big day for us.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home