Thursday, March 20, 2008

Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

We are right next door to San Jose. We have a good friend, Manny, who lives there in a beautiful home overlooking the city. Teri and I want to run over to see them in a day or so. They have new twin grandbabies and we are anxious to see them.
Today was a beautiful day here in Fremont. Was a bit nicer than yesterday which was a little on the cool side. The sun shined all day today and the breeze was ever so slight. Felt good. Sam and I hung around here all day. Teri went out to do our laundry and visited with our friend, Bob, 's wife.
The boys here took Bob's broken engine out this morning. Bob took some parts from it over to the engine builder who will finish up the new engine Friday afternoon. Bob will get it and run it back over here tomorrow afternoon. His transmission is broken also. Our friend, Manny, does the new rebuilds of the trannys for these coaches. Bob is kinda lucky, even though his GMC broke. He is lucky because he was near this shop and Manny's place. These guys here are the best at what they do, working on GMC motorhomes. I tried to buy a transmission from Manny last year. He would not sell it to me because there was nothing wrong with mine. I just wanted it because everything else in our coach is either new or rebuilt except the transmission. He said,"if it breaks, call me then". So, we still have the original transmission in this coach and it operates perfectly. I have gauges to monitor the heat of the fluid and do not allow it to overheat. I have two coolers on it. So, I am hoping it lasts a long time as I will take very good care of it.
I rekon that is about it from here tonight. I am fixing to do something tomorrow so I need to hit the sack a bit earlier tonight. Have some fuel senders to build.
You folks have a good evening. Come back for the weekend, if you can. I will have more photos then. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home