Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday in Tucson




Here are a couple of photos we grabbed as we drove over to Tucson today. About 25 miles through the mountains and about 30 around them via Ajo road. Teri had some wood to return to Lowes and we needed some groceries so we hit Walmart next door to Lowes. Bad day for Walmart. Place was absolutely packed. Lots of traffic too. So many nice homes out here west of Tucson. I can not imagine anyone wanting to live here. But, I am glad they do. Gives us a lot more room back home in Dexter. It is nice here in winter alright but boy, it is hot in summer. I have been here in the summer and I try to avoid future June ventures out here. These cactus really don't give much shade. I guess after one gets used to no trees it would be ok, but only if the temperature stayed in mid 70s and it rained at least once a month. We washed the car on Christmas Eve and it has only needed dusting since. When it does not rain you don't need to wash a car. That is one good thing aout here.
We had a big breakfast and then most of the participants went on a tour somewhere. Teri washed our clothes. Sam and I took care of the coach. Sometimes it just takes both of us to watch the coach.
Well, lets see, I remember 33 years ago tomorrow. My son was born that day while we lived in Columbus Ms. I was only 20 years old so we kinda grew up together. Wow, the kid will be 40 before long. Maybe he will grow into some of my wisdom by then, ha. Guess I know what my dad thought when I was 33 now. At least he earns a lot more money than I did and does not need to work 2 jobs like I did.
That's about it from here. I hope to grab some good photos tomorrow. Going back up the mountain and shooting down looking west. We are just 10 miles north of Ajo Road here.
Have a great weekend and come back when you have time.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home