Monday, March 17, 2008

Pictures From Today

Now, if I told you this coach is ready to pull out, what would you say? Oops, the dish is up. We drove all over Yuma's streets with this thing up. I spotted it when we came out of Walmart. Glad we hit Walmart. Did not drive over 35 mph and I am watching it now so no damage.











These are boondocking dune buggy riders. Man, those dunes are somthing else.





























































































Ooooh, should I show you this? Ok, here you go. We ran up the mountains north of Riverside too fast. Got mufflers too hot and look what happened. When I saw those flames shooting thru the floor, oh boy. We smelled something so I pulled off into a Pilot Truck Stop. We are blessed that we were able to grab a fire extinguisher and a couple gallons of water and this was history. Well, that fire was history. We took two hours to clean up the extinguisher mess. I was glad to clean it as it saved our motorhome. We have it cleaner now than it has been in a long time but there is a frying pan in the middle of the floor covering the 6 inch hole. Sam was not happy as it burned thru her riding spot. She just got up and moved but did not bark. Glad I looked back for Sam and saw the flames.



























We have it all cleaned up now and are resting 90 miles east of Bakersfield. Weay. were wanting new carpet anyway. Now to patch the floor and pick out the carpet Teri wants in here. I will install heat shields pretty soon, real soon.
We had a great day. We picked a scenic route that we had not been on before. The mountains with snow were around Riverside. Just past them was a pretty good climb and I had my foot way too deep into it and caused the heat. Will take it easier when we climb the mountains Tuesday. We are parked in the back of a rest stop with several other coaches so we feel pretty safe. If Sam barks I will grab my helper and check out the problem. Don't think that will happen.
After we rest up, over night, we should be ready for another day of it. Overall, it was a great day. Thanks for helping us with the fire.
Dan

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

OMG!!! What a day....glad things are back under control and that the fire didn't do more damage. Could have been catastrophic.

 
At March 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Travels of Gerald said...

Looks real bad, Dan you are luckey that you caught it in time, before it relly got going good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home