Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tucson to Yuma

Teri and I had a great drive over this afternoon. Here are some shots along our way.









Had some overcast but we missed any rain that might have fallen. Was about 70 til we got here and it went up to 75 degrees.










Lots of snowbirds still in Yuma.














We arrived here about 430 pm. Attended services here tonight and we were oked to stay on the church parking lot until the morning.
I put the cruise on 58 mph and headed over. That was a mistake on I-10. Heavy traffic, but I held to 58. Once we hit I-8 there was little traffic so it was much easier to hold the speed down. I am practicing driving 58 mph. This is the longest stretch I have ever been able to hold it down that slow. We like 70-75 much better. But, we are in no hurry so why not slow down a bit. We missed some really good pictures crossing over a little mountain chain. Teri was enjoying a chat with one of our daughters on the phone so I did not bother her. When she was not on the phone she was enjoying the mobile internet. It is neat to have it going down the road and everywhere we park. It is fast here in Yuma. Has been a tad slow last week or so.
Been waiting for the members to leave the parking lot so I can pull under the lights, but they are here still, an hour after the final amen. I think there is a meeting going on in there.
Thanks for riding along with us today. Tomorrow should be exciting as we head north in California. Come and go with us. We are trying to eat 5 oranges so we dont have to pitch them at the check station in Ca.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home