Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Streets of Bakersfield

For those who have not seen my dash, here you go. I have every gauge one could think of except an exhaust temperature gauge. Not sure if they have them for gas burners but if they do I will have one. I normally keep my eye on the tranny and engine temps but I drive using the vacuum gauge. Today was an easy easy 55 mph day except in city traffic where I shoved it to get out of folk's way.


Notice, the dish is down this morning. This is where we slept with several other coaches. We were the last to pull out at 9 am.






Coming down out of the Tehachipes, spell it like I want. It was gorgeous. We missed some really good pictures but Teri was busy on the internet trying to book a plane ticket so I did not bother her. We came down 4,000 feet into Bakersfield. What a view.








The streets of Bakersfield. I could not find Dwight Yokum street, maybe next time.























Teri grabbed these pictures of flowers along the way.















It was a great day to drive the coach 300 miles. We took our time, stopping a few times to rest. We pulled into a Walmart for the evening but it was too full of cars for us to park so we came back to Flying J. Did not grab a picture yet. Will try to do that in the morning. This is an rv friendly place to overnight. We have about 60 miles to drive but I was tired and the traffic was getting bad at 3 pm. So, we got off the road and will hit San Francisco area in the morning, late, when hopefully many folks will be at work. So, hang with us, we will arrive tomorrow in Fremont. Was 82 here at 5 pm and sunny. My brother said it was raining hard back home. Glad we are here at this time enjoying this weather. Come back soon. We should have more photos.
Dan





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home