Saturday, March 22, 2008

What a Day

You may not have read my previous post today. If not, scroll on down and take a look. Teri and I had a blast here at the shop. Teri answered the phones and took orders while I offered assistance and "cut the deals". We appreciate Jim having confidence in our ability to keep the shop open for him. I was able to help some who came by. I enjoyed helping Bob unload the new engine. Visited with him a while when he pulled the grille out of his coach for the larger cooling systems to be installed. I hope I got the problem fixed that caused the fire Monday inside the coach. Alex Sirum is here and he took lots of time to visit with me today about my fire and possible cause. He said it sounded like the right bank was running lean. I was having trouble getting the engine to take fuel after the fire when I start off from a stop. Guess what I had in here, a brand new injector that I had picked up from Bruce Tara in Tucson. While we were not too busy today I took 15 minutes and took the right injector out and put the new one in. I cranked the engine and it took fuel like it is supposed to. I think we may have the "hot muffler" fixed. We will know when we pull out of here and hit a mountain. I really appreciate Alex for taking time to help me. He is a true GMCer as almost all of us are. Always willing to lend a hand to another GMCer. All GMC folks know that Alex is a long time GMC shop owner and he certainly knows his stuff. Teri and I got to visit with him and Ramona for an hour this evening in their 40 footer after we closed down the shop. Very hospitable.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend just like Teri and I are. Sam and I am eating our nightly trailmix and watching Fox News. Teri is in the bedroom watching one of her shows on the rear tv. Great having two receivers in here. Thanks to my friends for calling into the shop today. Don Hart was afraid I had sold his stretch and called to make sure it was still here. He just bought it and will be here on the third to drive it back to Michigan. Wants me to inventory it for him next week and make notes so he will know what it needs as he bought it sight unseen.
Oh, Gary from El Paso called me today. Seems there was some excitement last week at my Mexican dentist's office in Los Palomas. Seems the mayor of Columbus, NM, the US town on this side, was in the same chair I was when banditos came in and robbed the dentist. Sure glad I was not there as I would have had a heart attack, no doubt. Gary's next door neighbor owns the pharmacy next to the dentist's office so he found out nearly first hand. Also made the El Paso news paper. Hoping he can get me a copy of article.
Well, I have talked your ears off tonight. Just wanted to share with you how much fun Teri and I had today. We had to put Sam in the coach. A fellow came to front door in sunglasses and Sam tried to "save us". I had to laugh as Teri was trying to drag Sam to the back of the shop. Teri was not nearly as amused as I was.
See you later.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home