Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Generator Woes

Who knows anything about one of these little critters? Our's quit putting out a/c this morning. I thought I would fire it up and let it run as there was not a soul in the park, only 3 of us spending nights here. It ran great for about 5 minutes then tripped out. I rest it and had no a/c. The DC works fine but there is no a/c coming from the inverter board. This thing is two years old this month and has about 3 hours or less running time on it. Hard to believe it would just die. I sent out several emails to various dealers but no luck. Did get a note from the company and they will find the closest place that works on them for me, whoopee!!. They have a 2 year warranty. I bought it from a dealer on Ebay who is not there now so no help from him. This was a great little unit while it worked. Very quiet. I could barely hear it when I walked to opposite side of coach from where it was running. What is that saying??? Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. Yea, I guess this week I have pretty much been the bug. Oh well, just a few little bumps in the road. Kinda ruins a guy's day though. I have worked on the thing off and on all day and am no farther along than when I started. I figured it was a simple fuse or circuit breaker in there somewhere but no, no fuse. Can't figure how to check the circuit breaker or even find it. I know it is there somewhere so I may tear the cover off again tomorrow.
Sun shined all day, well most of the day. Temperature was up to where we did not need a jacket today.
That's about all of the news I have today. Keep the faith.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home