Monday, July 21, 2008

Take A Look Out Our Windows Today

We had a time today. I love Mondays. Usually working people are at work but this is a tourist trap and we had lots of company today here in Tillamook. Look at that steam boat. My guess is that it was used to push logs down the river to their final spot. It is at the Tillamook Pioneer Museum and it is closed on Mondays. We will go back in a day or so and visit.

Skip this picture. It popped in from Sunday. We were coming home through Portland.

Here is one reason we come to Tillamook. Teri's aunt and uncle live here. We love them and enjoy visiting with them a lot. They live on the bay of Garibaldi. Been in the same house since 1952.



Oh yea, look at this. I was standing in the drugstore when I saw these boys coming down the road. Our friends from Washington. They saw me waving from the sidewalk and stopped. We led them on into Tillamook in our car. First time we have ever been in a GMC convoy and we were leading it. Just wish we had been in the coach. Jackie and Paul told me they were coming. They have camped about 15 miles from us and we will run over in a day or so to visit.


I do like this car. Nice looking. Even though I am no big Mopar fan I do like the looks of the new Challenger. Sure resembles the cars of old.




We stopped here for lunch. A 2 foot long sausage stick is a buck. Filled us up.






If you look close you might see the bald eagle that came to visit us here at the park. I think he heard that it was a special day and flew over for us to see him.






Now, here we are at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. What a crowd. They make some really good ice cream too.






And, here is the reason we stopped. That is the birthday boy putting it away. Teri took me for my birthday. Told them I was 54 today and they piled it on. I ate the entire bowl. This is quality ice cream. I can tell the difference, believe me.
We are going after my gift tomorrow. I will keep it a surprize for now but should have lots of pictures tomorrow so tune in, if you can.
Happy birthday to me. Bet my parents never thought I would live to be this old. Hey, feels great. Can't get much better than this. Thanks, Teri, for making my day so special.
Dan







1 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 at 8:29 AM , Blogger marci357 said...

Glad you enjoyed your Tillamook vacation and our GREAT ice cream :)
The equipment in the photo is a "steam donkey" ...used in the woods for pulling the logs around.
Thanks for visiting our area :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home