Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trip To Florence

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. I really appreciated every note. It feels great to be 54. Kids do not bother me because they think I am too old to know anything. Old people don't bother me because they think I am just a kid and know nothing. It's just a great age to be.
Teri and I got up at 430 am. Can you believe it? We did. We had a 115 mile trip ahead of us. We were headed to our friends' Melissa and Gene's home in Florence. Look at this resturant in Florence. Ain't it cool? Look at those cars. Had to pull over and get these shots for you.










Ok, I told you I was getting my birthday present today. We got to Gene and Melissa's, she had made chocolate chip cookies for me again. That is twice. She knows just how long to cook them too. What a sweetheart. Anyway, here I am in my birthday present. We bought Gene and Melissa's baja bug. The plan is to use it for a toad when we are back home. It is a lot lighter than the Vibe. Also, we can sell our Jeep, which just sits in the driveway, and use this car for running around town, saving lots of fuel.



We drove the 115 miles back up to Tillamook, leaving our friends again but taking cookies home. Got home with no problems and went to work cleaning the bug up a little. Teri jumped right in and helped me.

Here is a look at the wheel before we started.







And, here is after. Sure changed the appearance with a little elbow grease. Changed the fuel lines and cleaned a lot of stuff up. The bug has been sitting for a couple years so it needs a little attention. Teri's brother, Dennis, is a bug man and is willing to help me update a few things on the car. Maybe this weekend we will drive it over to Vancouver and begin work on it.




Here is where we quit. Will do some more on it in the morning. Since we started our day so early we are turning in early tonite. I think it looks pretty good yellow but we will change the color to match the motorhome a little more. Yellow just does not seem to go with silver and black, ha. Mite look a little funny tagging along behind us.
So, there you have it, you know what I got for my birthday. Was a great birthday. I am looking forward to many more.
Check in with us again soon. We have another trip planned for tomorrow or Thursday.
Dan






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home