Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Restful Day

Now, you can see where we are parked. It is great. Small planes flying in and out all day long. The blimp building is behind us. I tried to get a shot of it. It is the big building that has "Air Museuem" written on the roof. Teri and I toured it last year. It is something to see. During WW2 they housed blimps in two buildings here. One of the buildings burned a few years ago. The one left houses a very nice air museum. All kinds of stuff in there and lots of information on what went on here during the war. This was Japan's side of the US so they tried to be ready for them. Is something else.
Teri and I slept in this morning and have had a restful day. She is going to fix supper in a little while. I have been cleaning the lug nuts and wheels on the motorhome. 7 months plus has left them in sad shape so I will sparkle them up a bit. Will clean the solar panels off tomorrow if it is not too breezy. I hate getting up there. Our friend Gordon has a ladder I will use.

There is a better shot of the museum from where we are sitting.




Our Friends from Az, Sylvia and Gordon's rig. They arrived a week before we did. They too use solar for electricity. This solar is great for rv's. I mean, it allows you to stay a lot cheaper on the road than paying for full hookup rv parks. We do not need elec. Have a very small and quiet Kipor generator that we use some. I ran it this morning as it was very overcast and I did not know if the sun would shine. We ran the batteries down to 42 hours in the hole last night. 2 tv's and a computer. We could have gotten by without the little generator today if I had known the sun would pop out at noon. We also have a large 6 kw generator on board that uses more gas, much more. We rarely use it for much. If we need air conditioning it is time to move further north I figure.
So, just a restful day for us. I did as little as possible. No sweating for me. Sam loved just lying around or following us around the park as we visited. Will get a little more aggressive tomorrow. Clean the solar panels and finish the wheels. That should take an hour and will be a full day's work, at least in my book.
Thanks for checking on us. We may head to town Thursday so check in and see what pictures we might take. As always, thanks for the emails.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home