Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Friends

Teri and I are very blessed to have so many great friends. Today we ran over to Sand Lake and visited with Jackie and Paul along with their GMC friends, whom we met and enjoyed today. I think there were 5 GMC motorhomes there.


Here is a picture of some of the group. Some were out riding in the dunes. We toured a very nice coach. The interior was just fabulous.
Look at the front of the coach. I have seen lots of modified front ends but I think this may be the most professional one yet. I mean, you can not see anything. It looks factory. If I did mine I would like to visit the guy that did this one. The coach came from Iowa.





One of the GMCers was towing this baja bug. It is nice. It is about like the one we bought but it is finished. We are just beginning on our's. Lots of time and money in this little car. I was told it is so light and tracks so well that he can not tell it is back there. Now, that is what I am looking for. Maybe one day our's will look this nice. Gives us something to shoot for anyway.
We also got two rear tires ordered for the bug today. Will get them mounted Friday afternoon. Should ride much better with street tires. Saturday morning we will take the bug to Vancouver to my brother in law's. He is going to help me do some things and check everything out good.
So, there you have it. We did finish up some paint work on the bug first this morning while visiting with our fulltime friends, Gordon and Sylvia. He used to work for VW. Think I will see if he will help me put a kit in the carb in the morning if he is not busy. Nice to have "working" friends that are retired, isn't it.
Come on back when you can, we love the company. Never a dull day here.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home