Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Weekend

Teri and I had friends stop by Friday afternoon. Kelvin and his lovely bride. Thanks guys, for stopping to visit. We had a great time. Look at those canoes.

Saturday morning we left early for the Portland/Vancouver area. Our first stop was to welcome home the local Reserve Unit from Iraq and to celebrate the 100th year of our Federal Reseve Troops. It was a great time. Lots of soldiers and many veterans.

These patriotic bikers were here in number. They stood around the perimeter with flags while the speakers talked. Very nice fellas to have on our side and most all of them are veterans also. These are the guys that attended our troops' funerals to keep the hecklers at bay before the federal law stopped them from heckling during the funerals.




Like I said, a bunch of nice folks.







Some of our men that have just returned from a year in Iraq. These guys not only fight the enemy but they befriend the Iraqi people who learn to trust them and wish for a lifestyle that the troops tell them about. I believe with all of my heart that Iraq will be a better place because of these guys and the influence that they have.







Some of the crowd in attendance,





They fired cannons off. Look at these rings of smoke, cool.


















2 Big Boys flew over. We all enjoyed that.






This morning we attended church services here. A friendly congregation in Washougal, Washington. Hope we can worship here again soon.










Oh yea. These mountains are full of old vehicles. This is a nice looking Ford pickup. I had one like it a few years ago, minus the paint. 1948 or 49 model.










This is my brother in law, Dennis' toy. A 68 Mustang, 289. It is going to make him a very nice car. Body is straight and no rust. Has been housed for several years.













And you thought rednecks lived in the South? These guys up here are dang serious about their toys. I can not imagine driving this thing down a street.















On our way back to Tillamook.
















Had to get the Raceway sign.














We crossed over this bridge. We were coming from Vancouver into Portland. The big Columbia river required two bridges to get across.
Teri, Sam, and I had a great weekend with Teri's family. We got lots of pictures of everything but of our loved ones. How did that happen? We plan to spend more time with them and will get photos then. I want to get Teri and her two brothers together for a picture. Those three together are something else.
Remember the troops who are still fighting for the Iraqi people. Pray for their safe return home, soon. We need them here, back with their families. We hope the Iraqi folks can stand on their own soon. I have already made mention that my family has a history of being in the Armed Forces. My dad was in the Korean War. My brother was in Saudi Arabia and Korea. My son and I did our time in Mississippi and Florida. Pray again for our troops and for our leaders.
Well, thanks for sharing some time with us. I know I have been a little deliquent in posting but Teri and I have been enjoying ourselves too much to get on here. We promise to keep things interesting for you so hang with us.
Dan











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home