Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An Afternoon on the Gorge

Stopped on the side of the road to upload these. Hope you enjoy.
Dan

Oh wow, I am home now. Did not think I could upload those pictures so I stopped at Washougal and did it on side of the road. Many of the pictures of of Mt. Hood. To see it you have to click up the pictures. If you have dial up internet forget that and just skip them.




This on was on the Biggs bridge as I crossed over the river into Washington. If you ever get up here you must cross over and travel 14 on the Washington side from Biggs to Camus or Vancouver. It is awesome looking down over the river and into Oregon.


Grapes for wine, the green.



Just looking down at the river from up high in Washington.


The dark spots, fire. It was burning as Teri and I traveled through Sunday evening. Smoke was thick and the fire was at the hiway. Monday when I returned to Camus it was still smoldering in lots of places.






































The mountain is a big one. There was a trail of clouds at the top and it looked like a volcano erupting. It is a volcano by the way. A doctor died on this mountain last Sunday. Why do these folks try to climb up there. Last year 3 guys died up there.



















































Sail boats were everywhere at the Hood River exit, just west of the bridge. Also fishermen were busy this evening. Funny to see ten boats in a huddle. I guess the honey hole is right there so they all fish it so close together.











Several tunnels on 14, both traffic and trains.






Look what I found.

















And more. Slick little Ford sedan, 48 or 9 not sure.
Well, thanks riding along with Sam and me. Teri is still with her father in Irrigon. I will go back after when she says it is time to come home. Sam and I will head back to the coast Friday afternoon, if not before.
Hope everyone has a good week. Thanks for the notes to us in regard to Teri's step mother. The funeral was this afternoon in Pendleton.
Dan













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home