Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Night Ho-down

Whew, I could reall be depressed but I refuse to get down. I enjoy being happy too much. Have you ever heard the song from Johnny Cash about the car he built over 30 years while working in a factory and stealing one part at a time? I think that must be my bug. Don't ask.
Look at the musicians. Teri and I went to the Garibaldi Friday night jam session tonite. We had a blast. These folks gather every Friday evening and jam together. Some are really good. Some, well, I told Teri it takes a lot of nerve for some of them to get up there. I think there were 21. We had a professional come in who heard about it this morning while he was playing a gig here for some kind of goings on in Tillamook. Tomorrow he will do the Jews Harp jam. He was good.





This guy was trying to play a saw to a tune by Don Williams. I really did not hear anything I could relate to but I clapped just the same.




And, a picture of part of the crowd. We were having a great time. If you are ever passing through Garibaldi on a Friday afternoon, run by the City Hall and take a listen. 6-8 pm. Remember, most of these folks are old so they quit at 8 pm.
Well, Teri is cooking a peach cobbler for the reunion tomorrow. A recipe from my aunt Pauline so I know it will be good. I have the Onan Generator running so she can use the convection oven.
Thanks for stopping by. Will catch you later so come on back.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home