Thursday, August 14, 2008

This Morning's Ride

Here is a shot of the Bonnieville Dam releasing water this morning on the Columbia. I am staying just west of here a few miles. Sam and I left the motohome about 9 am and arrived in Irrigon about 1130 am. Was a nice day for a ride along the river. Sure was glad to find Teri's smiling face.


Take a look here. I could not believe what I saw so I turned around and stopped. Then I snuck up on these suckers. I am getting pretty good with this camera, wouldn't you say?

I Missed a good road sign. It said, "caution, left turns, next 14 miles". Oh yea, Nascar here we come. Then this covie of little Triumphs pulled up behind me. I pulled off and let them pass. Followed them for 20 miles. Yes sir ree, we were making those "left turns".











A sign someone has painted on the rock.



I always wondered where these boys had gotten off to, now I know.


An old converted bus.



I drove 55 mph to get the best mileage I could. Half of my trip was on two lane so no problem. The other half was on Oregon side running I-84. See, everyone passed me, even this 45 foot motorhome. No one seems to have slowed down. I have mentioned this before. I just don't quite understand it. I went from 33 mpg to 36 by dropping from 59 mph to 55. The speed limit was 65 on I-84. Oh well, I guess that is just one of the benefits of being retired, I can take my time.
Glad yall could ride along with Sam and me this morning. Someone asked how I got in touch with Kipor. I emailed every address I could find on the internet. In a couple days I started hearing from all of them and finally one of them fixed my problem. The Kipor generates that ac electric just like it used to now.
See ya later,
Dan








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home