Friday, September 5, 2008

Trip to the Museum

Teri and I volunteered at the museum this morning. We did some cleaning inside and I helped Rob move a bunch of stuff from last week's car show, outside. I hope next time we are here that we can do more at the museum to help out. It is a "must see" if you are in the area. Below is some shots I snuck while we were inside. Not a drop in the bucket as to what is really in there.
An old boat motor.


Some of the ancient chain saws used to clear the northwest many years ago.

Look at these two quilts. Teri and I helped hang them this morning.












Some of the stuff outside waiting to get fixed up and moved inside. The train is nice.







Oops, see we actually did some work while we were there.










Teri is cleaning next to an old steam engine used to run a sawmill. It is so large I could not get it all in a picture.

Look at this old logging truck. I think it was built in the teens. Has hard rubber tires. It runs and is moved outside for various displays.







A couple shots of the steam engine. Rob fired the thing up for us, using an electric motor. This thing is big.










Look at the cables on the thing. I am glad I did not have to help do the clearing out here back 100 years or so ago.
Teri and I really enjoyed working the little time that we did this morning. Next year it will bbe more. Stop in at the museum when you get a chance.
We did a mountain climb after this. Pictures are coming.
Dan








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home