Thursday, October 23, 2008

And, It Rained

Well, looks like my work is over. We were picking for another farmer, trying to help him get his cotton out before it rained. We could have been done Saturday. It rained today, all day long. So, anyone looking for an experienced farm hand with a college education? Email me if you have something. Must be legal and moral for me. Just kidding. I need a few days off to get caught up on things around here. Our grass was freshly mowed when we got home. I have not touched it since. It looks as good as the neighbors' but I do need to even it up a bit.
Still looking for 2 1966 VW bug doors. Mine are not what I want to paint so until I find a couple the bug will be yellow. If it takes too long to locate the doors it might get primered. Folks just look as I meet them. I think they are laughing at the yellow paint, as I have mentioned earlier. Teri and I drove over to a "bug shop" in Polar Bluff today but he had nothing like I need. My doors have been butchered by someone and the passenger door has bondo in it.
I did check the fuel mileage today. I had been hoping for 25 mpg in town. Well, I got a dab over 24 so I am very happy with that. It has a dual port engine so that is pretty good. I have not "babied" it yet so I am sure when things get tight I can squeeze it to 25 mpg, in town. Did not buy if for the highways but I figure 30 mpg would be a fair figure there. Not bad for a 1961 year car. No power steering though. But, I did get a bigger wheel so I can turn it much easier now. There is a 10.5 inch wheel on it and I now have a 14.5 to install Friday.
We will get out and about next week when the weather clears up. Should be able to snag some Fall Colors from the trees. This is about as pretty a place as there is when it comes to the leaves changing. We live on Crowley's Ridge, lots of trees.
Thanks for checking in. We hope everyone is doing well. I am starting to get the "itch". ready to hit the road and find our GMC coach. I sleep really good in it. Have not slept so good since coming home. We have been home 4 weeks today. About 9 more and off we go.
Have a great week.
Dan Gregg

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2008 at 7:41 AM , Blogger RICK said...

Dan, finally got logged back on.

I did not see your cotton sack.

Rick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home