Thursday, September 25, 2008

We Made It !!!!!

23 hours and 1400 miles, towing a Vdub behind a Pontiac Vibe, and we are here. We had a great trip. I have some pictures but who wants to see Tx? I mean, we entered the state in the dark and we left in the dark, 800 miles later. Dallas is always a nightmare. We seem to hit it at 5 pm everytime. This time was no different. You should have seen those folks looking at us. I guess they would not have thought a little car could do what we did. No problem keeping up or passing when we needed. I tried to stay 5 under the speed limit but in West Texas the speed limit is 80 mph. Oh yea, we hit it just a couple times but for the most part we drove 67 mph. From 2 am on, cops were everywhere. I could not believe it. I had no problem keeping within the posted speed, especially after seeing them out at that time.
We left our daughter's at 4 am Mo. time, 2 am Az. time. 23 hours later we passed our last two cops here in Dexter as they sat talking. No doubt they were trying to keep each other awake.
I think I hit the sack about 5 or so, am. Slept til 230 pm. Unhooked the cars, found a dead battery on my Jeep. I loaned the Jeep out and someone did not make sure the charger was plugged in when they brought it back, so, it sat for 6 weeks with no sensor on the battery. Oh well, at least my scooter battery stayed up and it fired off, bad gas and all, I could smell it. Got some stuff for it when I put it up this year to keep that from happening.
It is hard to walk, or ride, right out of one life and into another. That is what it feels like. I hated leaving our girl and family. She has three of our grandkids and we really love them. She is married to a great guy so it is just hard to leave them. We get here and we are right back to being grandparents. Our little Tyler was right here. We have him and his mom here now. We have three more here in town that we will see soon. How fortunate I feel to have such a great family. 3 months is a long time so we got to get caught up on all of the fishing and John Wayne stuff.
Hey, who watches Pinks, on the Speed Channel? My favorite show, and Teri enjoys it too. The guy that runs the show is Rich. He does an excellent job and is from Iowa. Well, my buddy, and fellow GMC owner, Wally, had a story for me. Seems he met Rich's dad or uncle, and spent the night in his driveway last week. Larry, saw Wally and Sue and visited with them as he too owns a GMC coach. Told them on their return trip to park in his driveway to save a night's rv park fee. They did and helped him with some things on his GMC. Seems he is in the middle of re doing his coach. Larry has been an owner for 20 years. I know he is a nice guy because he has a GMC motorhome. Anyway, I told Wally maybe he can get us some "VIP" tickets to a filming and we can drag race each other in the two coaches, but not for titles. I just don't need another GMC coach. For those who do not watch Pinks, it is a drag racing show for pink slips. 6 pm daily on Speed Channel and Thursday evenings at 8 pm for an hour show. Try it, you will enjoy it if you like cars and owners. A great show for gearheads.
Well, need to go. Pinks is on tv right now. Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it. If you are an rver and passing through Dexter, Mo. during this Fall, call me and I will give you free parking and electric in my driveway.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home