Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hitting The Road

We are almost ready to roll. There was no ten minute rules today. It is hot here. I am praying for cooler weather across Tx. We will see. Will leave the a/c off until we have to turn it on as we have a load, as you can see. The Vibe is loaded and we have the vdub behind. I would not let Teri put stuff in the bug. Don't want any added weight there if I can help it. I took a test drive with the bug behind the Vibe. I think all is good. All lights work so we should be good to roll before daylight.
Here is the last shot we will see of our "home away from home" until we get back in late Dec. or early Jan. I sure hate leaving it but it is the best way for us with prices on fuel what they are. We slept our last night in it last night. I drained everything out and topped the batteries off. Teri has got everything inside ready. I may pull the window screens off tonight when it cools down. I am moving the coach out of the way. The solar should keep the batteries charged so will not leave it hooked to electric. Our kids will take good care of it while we are gone. I am hoping that it cools down here pretty soon. Without air running it is very hot in here. Will leave the Fantastic vents cracked a little to let hot air out but not enough to let rain in. There are three vents so I think all will be fine. Sleeping in the house tonite. Or, I should say, laying down. I can never sleep the night before we leave. I will let Teri sleep while it is dark and hopefully somewhere in Tx. I can let her drive for a while so I can rest. We have almost 1400 miles to go. When we hit Texarkana I feel like we are nearly home.
So folks, thanks for hanging in there with us. Maybe I can post some stuff on the road as we will have internet with us. Keep us in your prayers for a safe and uneventful trip.
Until later,
Dan

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Patsy said...

Am so glad yall are able to travel and enjoy your retirement. We miss you guys and are looking forward to your return. Hope to see you soon, Love Patsy

 
At September 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Travels of Gerald said...

Hey Dan; were are you? Lost in Texan? you havn't posted in a few days i thought you may have took a wrong and end up Mexico.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home