Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nippy This Morning!!!

Wow, the temperature was down this morning. Made me think I had better that heater installed in the Vdub. So, while the race was on, with a nap in the middle, I got it done. Will have heat as I travel about 12 miles to the cotton patch in the morning. I feel better about that.
Worked on the headlights too. I am having a problem with low beams. Going to run a complete new harness to the headlights from the fuse box. I have spent a considerable amount of time tracing this down. I do not want to run the new harness and did everything I could to fix it without doing that. But, that is what it will take. I have pretty much wired the entire car anyway. I tell folks that I resurrected this one from the dead. That is not far from true.





Just a few shots of the bug with its new shoes. I like the mags and new tires. Now I need to give it a bath as it has not had one since we got it back in July and no telling when before that. Not much else I can do to make the outside look any better til it finds the paint booth. I will be ready to get that yellow paint off of it. So many folks look at me when I am driving this thing. I am thinking that they are laughing at the yellow paint. I will stop that before too long.
I have been insulating the interior too. Need all the help I can get with heat and the noise from the engine as it is very loud. Should anyone know where I can find two 66 doors, let me know. I won't paint it until we find the doors.
Back to the cotton patch tomorrow. Felt good to have a day off. We have about 500 acres to pick for a neighboring farmer. I figure 6 days of good picking and no breakdowns. That could be Saturday.
Hope everyone is buttoning up for winter. Hope our GMC will be ok in Az. til we get back to it. I drained all of the water. My daughter checks the solar system for me periodically to make sure the batteries are up. She told me last night that she has not seen it below 100% yet. That is as it should be. No Redwoods there to block the sun.
Thanks for checking on us. All is well with the Greggs.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home