Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last Day



Oh yea, my favorite day of the Greenlee County Fair was today, close up. Oh, not really but it was pay day and we only worked a couple of hours today, maybe 3. Teri and I gave exhibits back. We worked for a real nice lady, the fair cordinator, Karla. Our daughter got us the jobs and we tried to give them a full day's work for our pay. We might want to do this again. Who knows, we might get promoted, ha. I love having no responsibility. Just working for an hourly rate or a set fee. Worked out great and I am glad we did it. Made Teri's birthday present from me easy to pick out this year, just signed my check over to her and told her happy birthday. Ain't I just the nicest guy?


Friday night our grandkids ran the barrells and grabbed the flag on their horses. I took pics but they did not turn out, just a blur. Yesterday afternoon they sold off their award winning pigs and made a lot of money. They went for good prices this year. We are glad that there are "folks of means" that support the livestock affairs and pay top dollar at the auction. Makes it all worth the work that the kids put into their livestock. I am proud to have grandkids that understand what responsibility is.
I had to include the picture of the "ride". I love vehicles, as everyone knows. I think this is cool that out here these rigs can be licensed for the roads. They get poor gas mileage but I like looking at the ones that have been "hotrodded" for the road. This one was from New Mexico, which is in eyesight of us here.
Today I heard a news report that the electric vehicles ar too quiet for the US to make them legal. They are adding noise makers to them. Give me a break. I do not have to worry about that with any vehicle I own, especially the Vdub. It sounds like it has straight pipes because it pretty much does. I clutch it when I meet a cop.
Teri and I got to see some of our favorite friends this morning at worship services. Great friends and we look forward to being here and being a part of the Church here when we come back this winter. The singing was good. I love the singing. Mike did a good job with his sermon this morning. I could say that I was surprised, just to mess with him, but I was not. He does a great job here and is very dedicated. See, I know he reads my blog, ha.
Well, we will be working around the coach for next couple of days getting it ready to "stay" this time. I hate leaving it but finances make it an easier decision. This way it will already be here at my daughter's when we come back for the winter. I know that she will take good care of it for us.
Thanks for working the fair with us. Made it easier knowing that you were also sweating, ha.
See you in a day or so.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home