Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back Again

Kathy the caterer is here. I am telling you, we eat better in the field than most of us do any time. When we see the white van here we come. Everyone stops and heads to the van.

Just a few shots of some of the food that Kathy prepares for us.




The first day I took my lunch. Never made that mistake again. I wish I could have gotten a "spread" shot but can't do that when it is all in the van. My batteries died before I could take pictures of the ribs and fried catfish that we had this day.



There are always at least ten of us eating. Always much food left over. After Kathy makes sure that we are all fed, she cleans up and stays in the field to help us. She is a worker.
Well, it rained us out last night so I finall got time to work on my laptop. It has been broken since we got home 3 weeks ago. Sometimes I could get a little work out of it but mostly all I could do was read my emails. Could not send back or get anything on the blog. I still can't get it to charge the new battery but I have it so we can at least use it now. I appreicate those who emailed me wanting to know where I was.
Took the vdub and got new tires mounted on the mag wheels. Then to the shop for new brakes. Want to make sure it is safe as it is 47 years old. Will grab a couple of pictures of the new tires and mags in a day or two. I hope to eventually make it look and act like it is new again. Will make a good car to tow behind the motorhome. We really can not feel it back there when we tow it and I love that. It weighs about half what the Vibe does.
Hope everyone is having a great week. We have had a good one here. I normally get home after dark from work. I hope to work another 5 or 6 days. We have about 600 acres left. 100 belongs to my cousins and we have been approached by a fellow farmer to help him with his crop. At least 500 acres there to pick. He must have heard about the quality work that I render to the team, ha.
Have a good weekend. Check on us when you have time, we really enjoy your company.
Dan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home