Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday at the Fair

Early this morning we arrived at the pig barn to watch our kids show their hogs. What a show. Both came home with winners.
Kelsey got the alternate best of show after winning a first and a second. She had 2 pigs.



Look at her show that hog.



Josh was quite the showman. He stared that judge down every time he got the chance. He got a second place. Let me tell you that there were a bunch of proud kids showing those pigs. Both kids were up against 10 or 12 others so they did a real good job.

It is so good to see youngsters taking responsibility for rasing these animals. What a thrill for me to be here and to wintess this event. Today culminates a long effort. Congratulations Kelsey and Josh.





Oh yea, there will be horse racing here. Tonight all three of our grankids will be riding in the horse show. It is going to be some event. I can't wait for that.
I thought sure someone would want to buy my supper after all of my afternoon effort went into judging the pets. I did not even get an offer for a coke. Teri and I spent some time judging the pets and their handlers this afternoon. I am not sure I will volunteer for that again, maybe, if they raise the pay. That was a task. I see why they got out of towners. What a show. One catagory had 12 entries. That was a tough one for us. I am thinking about wearing a disguise tonite to the fair.
It got a bit warm this afternoon but not bad. Sam got to stay inside the coach with the air today. Yesterday she was out under a shade tree all day. I was afraid it might be a bit warmer today so I left her inside.
Ok, its almost 4 pm here. Think I will rest up before heading back to the fair. We got tagged to work this morning but that did not develop. I think our Saturday has been eliminated too. Hmmm, maybe they don't like my work. I am sure they have others that need to work so I am not against sharing.
Have a great weekend. I know back east my friends have already started, being 2 or 3 hours faster than we are here. I will see you later.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home