Thursday, September 18, 2008

Greenlee Arizona County Fair

Oh boy, did we earn our pay today? We started at 830 am. I quit at 730 pm. Teri is still over there and it is 9 pm. Long day but fun. My first day to work for pay in a long time. We should earn a little money for our travels this weekend. We work 3 more days. None will be this long, I hope. Saturday will be the hardest.

Here is my favorite lady early this morning. She is a very hard worker.


My oldest granddaughter, Kelsey, helping her other grandpa, Ed, judge the jams. That was a good job. I went over to the lady judges of the cakes and cookies begging. They let me feed on the leftovers that they had already tasted. I am pretty good at begging. This was the last picture I got as my camera lost its battery power. That is why it is darker. I only got a few pictures. If we have more batteries I will get more Friday.

This was my area. We took in the exhibits today. Then we helped the judes do their thing.


Linda was my partner today. We had a good time working together. She was very pleasant to be around. I hope she felt the same way about me. I know I was the only one working that did not have an accent. These folks out here talk different than we do back in the south part of Mo.
It was fun and I even get paid. Tomorrow Teri and I are the sole judes of the pet show. I was hoping for a 3rd judge. I think they chose us because we will be leaving here soon and maybe wont get whipped by angry parents of the kids who show their pets, I don't know. I will let you know if we survive. Do me a favor and pray for cool weather Saturday. I think we will be outside all day. I hate to sweat. Did enough of that when I was a kid growing up on the cotton farm of my dad's.
That is about it for tonight folks. I am pooped.
Oh how I love living and traveling in this GMC motorhome. It lets us do and see so many great things in this wonderful country.
Dan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home