Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Has Arrived

Here she comes.


There she goes.
We have been getting up early and walking in the park. Teri walked while I was working in the field, not dragging a sack Rick, for the last month. She got me walking with her after my work came to an end. She walks about 2 1/2 miles and I do about 1 1/2. Not bad. We get out there around 7 am or so. It has turned rather chilly now so we have an indoor place to walk.

We have had a couple of frosts this week and the leaves are now turning. Next week I should get some really good pictures if my camera will work. Don't let me touch your camera. I do not have good luck with the digital cameras for some reason. I can not find a watch that will run longer than a year either so I don't wear one. I guess I am just electrifying.


Teri and I got up real early this morning and drove to Cape Girardeau where she had an MRI done on her shoulder at 8 am. She fell, back in August, and it just has not gotten any better. I got her into my doc this week, 3rd one, and he set her up. We will find out in a day or two what the next step is.


Teri took some really good photos of some trees but the dang camera was in movie mode and so I deleted them. What can I say? I will try a better camera next time. Need to find a laptop first though. One reason I have not posted as often as I usually do is because I have to use the desktop, since the Dell laptop has crashed for the second time. I guess I use it too much but for 750 bux it should have done better. I mean, I keep it in a case and everything.




Speaking of desktop, we had to put a power supply in it when we got home last month. It was dead and not even plugged into the wall. I am hoping there will be some bargains on laptops before xmas. I want a smaller screen so it is easier to use in a vehicle. The 15.5 is too large for us. 12 inch would be perfect if I can find one. Anyone have an old 12 inch that you want to sell because you got a larger one?
Well, as I said, we were in Cape today. After the MRI we did the Hobby Lobby thing along with Dollar Tree. You know, the normal lady thing. I have a bench at Hobby Lobby that should have my name on it somewhere. Over to Sam's Club, expired cards. Been expired 6 months but we can still get in and look around. No bargains there on laptops. But, where can you eat for 3 bux? Yep, Sam's Club. My favorite place for lunch. We will renew the cards when we need something. I think that saves us money in the long run.
I am ready to see our motorhome. Its been 5 weeks yesterday since we left it. My daughter takes good care of it but I got a couple others looking at it too, as they drive by. I am getting good reports so I guess she knows we will be back soon. 9 weeks today is Jan 1st. We are looking at that as a target date to head west. We have some trips planned when we get there. Quartzsite, Az. is at the top of the list. This is our 3rd planned Jan. trip to that place. Maybe this one will happen. I think it will be a blast. No hookups but hey, we can stay for free. Don't need hookups, just a little sun and some propane. Anyway, if we get there we will have some really good pictures.
Hope all is well with our friends out there. Drop us a line when you have time. Will see you again in a day or two.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home