Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday Mornings

I love Monday mornings. Must be one of my favorite days. When I was a teenager I could not figure out why my parents had smiles on their faces. Saturday evenings and they were sitting home, alone. I was headed out for the evening for fun cruising the streets in my car. They just smiled as I would head out. I thought, wow, is that what I have to look forward to? Nothing on Saturday nights but quiet and visiting with each other? Now, I know why the smiles were on their faces. Isn't it nice to be able to hit the sack at 10 pm on Saturday if we want to? Then comes Monday morning. Get up at 7 am or wait til 9 if we want. This is the life. Walking is for old folks. I guess I am old. I am enjoying the morning walks. Teri left me this am because I did not get up fast enough for her. I got to walk the neighborhood with my neighbor across the street, 25 years my senior. Lot slower pace and it felt good. The trees are bright today with colors. I hope to get some pictures of the trees down our street today.
The Jeep is for sale. It is ready to be towed by a motorhome or it can tow a trailer. Has hitches on both ends. I don't need it now so off to a new home it needs to go.






Sitting in the front yard. You can see some of the colors this morning.

Saturday was a big day. Started off with a local car show. This is my long time friend's Snake. He is proud of it. It is a nice Cobra 350.

































There were a few Stangs at the show. I liked this little buggy.




Then, here came our newest grandson. First time we have seen him, 2 months old. His name is Nick. He loved his grana holding him.








Nick's 2 older sisters. I hope that he grows up as smart as these two. They are really sharp, besides being as cute as a bug.










Esther loved the ride in the bug. Look at that smile on her face. She was my first passenger.











Here is the reason the Jeep is for sale. Basic transportation. The Jeep is nice but I don't need "nice". Just basic run around town rig that we can tow behind the motorhome if we want.
So, that was the weekend at the Gregg home. We also celebrated the 30th birthday of one of our daughters. Was a surprise with about 40 or so folks there. I did not get pictures at her house.
Only 8 more weeks and we cut a trail back to the motorhome. Can't wait. I get notes from my friend Wally, from Omaha, while he is on trips. He just got home yesterday from a week traveling over to Niagra Falls and back. Makes me homesick for the GMC.
Hope everyone has a great week. All of you older folks keep smiling. We know the secret now, don't we.
Dan











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home