Saturday, November 8, 2008

RV'ing

It is no secret to my friends, I miss the GMC. I can not wait to get back to it. I love the way the bed sleeps. Our daughter is taking good care of it but I miss seeing that black and silver home on wheels. Jan. 1 seems so far away. No pictures tonight, just thoughts. The old gal has allowed us to see so many things and places. I would never have seen Tillamook or Lincoln City Oregon if not for the GMC. We have seen the great spots in San Francisco because of the GMC. Friends just out of Tucson see us coming and really make us welcome at their place in the desert. We have skirted Los Angeles and hit Bakersfield a couple of times because of the GMC Coach. Ran into friends from here while attending church in Yuma and parking overnight on that lot. The Columbia River has been our home for 2 summers in a row. Met a cousin that we would not have ever known. Wow, Mt. Hood, what a view from our front yard. She has taken us to Pendleton, Or, home of the Roundup. Teri and I have crossed Nevada from east to west and from north to south. Would not have happened if not for our motorhome. We have visited so many relatives without feeling like we are burdens on them because we bring our own bed. So many friends have been made, like Rob in beautiful Idaho, on Hiway 12 and Sue and Wally in Omaha, Nebraska. We have friends everywhere who invite us to visit. They know I have my own bed. Hey, a driveway at a friend's place beats a campground anytime, and lots cheaper. We are so blessed. Folks here ask me how we afford the motorhome travel. How easy it is to answer that question when they tell me a motel would be much cheaper. Really? 4 months in a motel? Can that be cheaper, no way. We incur costs when we move the motorhome, only. For us, that is about once every month. Try staying in a motel room for 4 months. Lets see, 60 bux a nite, and that is way too under estimated. 30 nights in one month X 4. I dont even have to figure that for you. If we move 1000 miles in a month, which we don't, at 4 bux a gallon, no comparison. Teri and I have seen things for pennies because of our old GMC. So, is rv ing a bargain? Yes. We rarely pay campground fees and that is where it is. Save that 30 dollars a night. Solar panels were relatively cheap when compared to campground fees. When we park in a driveway we really dont need electric. If you have it for us we might use it or we might not. Want to meet a great couple of fun loving folks? Invite me to your place. We might just take you up on it.
I just wanted to remind you that soon we will hit the road again. Lots of pictures will follow. Don't give up on us. The road calls.
Thanks for coming by. I won't let you down.
Dan

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2008 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dan and Teri,

This is not the first time I've done this, but if you are ever coming to the New York City area, let me know, I've got a long driveway you can park in. At least until we start rolling full time.

Janis

 
At November 9, 2008 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

That is very kind, Janis. We love letting rvers use our driveway. Sure helps with travel expenses.
Thanks again,
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home