Saturday, January 3, 2009

One Week

Teri and I have been back in the GMC for a week now. This is our 7th evening here. Last Saturday evening I was on a mission. The mission was to get us here from Mo, in the car. Boy, I was glad to get here after 22 hours of traveling, stopping only for gas. Oh, I did forget one stop. I got to meet one of Texas' finest. The night speed limit in Tx. is 65. At 65 everyone was passing me so I put the cruise on 69 and folks kept passing me. I kept it there anyway. I saw the trooper ahead but 2 vehicles were overtaking me so I did not worry. Then, his lights came on. I still did not worry. When he passed the two faster cars, that had slowed, I began to be concerned and pulled over. That headlight I had replaced was not shining. He let me wiggle the connector until it came on and only gave me a warning.
Today Teri and I went over to our friend's for his birthday. Was a great lunch, elk roast. My favorite meat is elk. We came on back fairly early and worked on the GMC. Teri helped me change the oil. Then the two of us greased the beast. Sure glad to get those chores finished. I will take it to a local car wash when I run out to refill the lp tank, in a day or two. The dust and birds have dulled my shiny paint job. Can't go to a GMC rally with a dirty coach.
We will pull out Friday for Casa Grande area, the Pinal County Fairgrounds to be exact. After 3 days there we are heading to Bouse, Az. to meet up with an internet friend who taught me a lot about installing solar on an rv. Will be a good visit and I look forward to meeting him in person. We will then head to Quartzsite, Az. to take in some of the RV festivities there. I am excited about getting there. This is the third year we have planned this trip. Somethings came up during the previous years but it looks like we will make it in 09.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for the visit. We love company.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home