Friday, March 27, 2009

Trip to Florida

Are we in the south, or what? Put your glasses on or click up this picture. Ken nearly had a wreck he was laughing so hard when he saw this sign. He stopped, pushed me out, and told me to get a picture of the sign. My friend Ken Burton came over this afternoon. We were doing nothing. Teri was teaching crafts. So, Ken and I decided to run down to Florida just because. When we got to the Florida rest area we found a GMC and toad there. We pulled up and Ken announced that we were on the GMC Patrol and would help them out. It seems they had trouble with the tow bar. Not a problem, they even carry a spare one. We watched and visited as they put the spare on. As they drove off we looked around for any others. After seeing none we crossed the median and headed north again.

These Helicopters are everywhere. I guess they had a big sale on them after Viet Nam and Alabama got a bunch of em. Pretty neat. One of our very good friends, Roger Black flew these over there. We are proud to call him our friend and appreciate all that he did for our country. Doing this for our country rendered him deaf but he does not complain. We all love him. Roger is responsible for our GMC assist list that lists the GMC coach owners that will assist us if we have any problems.

The old State Line. I have traveled this road a lot but was always in a hurry. At least this time we did get to see some things. We did our morning of geocaching in town. I would still enjoy 2 days of nothing but looking around town. This Dothan is a clean place. No doubt about it, they have pride in this town. The folks are very friendly. We will be back here. Teri and I are traveling, with some others, over into Georgia in the morning. If not for that we would spend the weekend here.
I'd love to attend worship services with the crowd that we were with last Sunday.
We were the only 2 folks with light complections there and they insisted that we sit on the 3rd seat from the front. Naturally we had parked ourselves on the back row for class but they moved us up before worship began. I felt we stuck out like a sore thumb but am glad we sat there. We were welcomed with many hugs after services.
If you ever get close to this area check out Dothan. You will enjoy your time here.
Noted above, we are heading to Georgia in the morning. Ken and Elaine have invited several of us to their place for a "no hookups rally. This is going to be fun and I will have pictures. We will be near Plains. I plan to check out one of my least favorite presidents while we are in the area.
Well, I better run. Teri and I have been invited to some friends' for supper. I can not eat a lot becasue at 830pm we have ice cream. Thanks for riding with Ken and me to Florida this afternoon. Make sure you follow the clan tomorrow by watching the tracker on line.
Dan





1 Comments:

At March 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Wentzi said...

Dothan is the site of an Army helicopter training base. Our son was stationed there for several years while in flight school. The students fly all around on training missions. The helicopter you saw on the side of the road is quite common in that area. They are quite proud of their soldiers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home