Sunday, May 17, 2009

It Is Springtime

How do I know it is Spring? Well, the car shows are happening. (And I mowed the yard twice this week).
Yea, the cars are out in force. There were two or three shows going on around here yesterday. I did make this one as I was a member before we started traveling. The folks kept wanting to know where the GMC was. Look at those clouds. I had just washed it and I did not want to get it dirty so fast. I will take it again soon. Car shows are great places to display our vintage coaches. Everyone loves them. Well, you can see I drove the bug. I can wash it in 5 minutes. And, it had its own share of lookers.


Here is a nice one. My friend owns this 57 T-bird. Id like to have one of these with a modern engine stuck under the hood.




A Nova with a Yenko stripe stuck on it.





Lots of young folks are doing the car shows now. This young man enjoys showing his high dollar truck. I wonder how many more payments til he is free again?




A small block Ford. One of my favorites. This one is stuck in a Mustang.





Now, you can see why the GMC stayed home. The convertables had to raise their tops a time or two.








New cars. I often wonder why they are in the shows. This one is paid for so the owner can do with it as he wishes. It is nice and I guess it shows what is available on the new car market today. Was a brand new Corvette there also. A friend of mine traded his street rod to a dealer even for it. I guess older guys are tired of turning wrenches.








Where is the engine in the Challenger? Not a clue that one is under that plastic.







And, here is our little long jumper. Not yet 4 years old yet and heavily involved in track meets. I have never heard of little kids doing this but he sure loves all of his trophies. I hope he can continue winning as he grows older.



Monday is coming up. One of my favorite days. I just mowed the grass this afternoon so I guess I can work on vehicles this week. Hope everyone has a good week. I am sitting here planning our next road trip. It will not be long so hang around. We will hit the road again soon.
Dan










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home